Munising, MI 49862
Open Year Round: No
The Selvick is an intentionally sunk shipwreck placed for sport diving in 1996. She is a 70 foot long tug sunk in 30 to 60 feet of water. She lies on her port side at about a 40 degree angle pointing north. The Selvick was originally christened the Lorain when she was built at Cleveland in 1915. She was later renamed the Cabot and was used in the construction of the Mackinac Bridge. The Selvick Marine and Towing Company purchased and renamed her in 1988. She was donated to the Alger Preserve in 1994 and sunk two years later. Visiting divers can reach the pilothouse at about 40 feet. All areas of the wreck are accessible to divers. The pilothouse, galley, mess room, engine room and crew quarters can all be visited. Divers will find lights necessary and the crew quarters should only be accessed by experienced divers because there is only one way in and out. This is a great dive for photography.